CBCL is looking for a Health and Safety Specialist to join the Executive Support Group in our Halifax office. We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in the field of HSE oversight and administration.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain safety training records and develop and oversee a prompting system to ensure that safety training is provided to employees as per the Company Safety Program and governing Occupational Health and Safety Legislation;
- Maintain corporate safety statistics and provide input to client contracted Supplier Information Management systems;
- Assist in development of Safety Practices and Procedures;
- Promote the Corporate Safety Program and foster companywide acceptance of a top tier safety culture;
- Support the mandates and efforts of the JOHS Committees located in the various Company offices;
- Undertake twice yearly visits to Branch Offices to audit project safety documents;
- Conduct internal safety audits on an annual basis;
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of regularly scheduled external audits and COR certifications for the Company;
- Assist in the Investigation and Reporting of incidents;
- Ensure job tasks and procedures are in compliance with OH&S Legislation;
- Liaise with Regulatory Authorities regarding OH&S issues as required;
- Coordinate with CBCL’s Human Resource staff in the administration and application of Workers Compensation subscriptions and claims;
- Conduct visits to construction sites as required to monitor the application of CBCL Health and Safety policies (some travel will be required);
- Assist Project Managers with preparation of Project Safety Plans;
- Prepare construction site Master Safety Plans when contracted to do so by Clients; and
- When contracted by Clients, conduct construction safety audits and reports in accordance with industry reporting standards.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the administration of OHS Acts and Regulations in the Atlantic Provinces;
- Exemplary communication skills with the ability to lead employees in the adoption of a top tier safety culture;
- A minimum education consisting of a Certificate or Diploma in a related field from a recognized Community College;
- Specialized knowledge related to health and safety in a consulting engineering environment; and
- Professional Certification - Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP).
What we can offer you:
- A competitive compensation package effective on your first day of employment:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer contributions
- Generous vacation allowance commensurate with experience
- Respect for work-life balance with flexible environment and remote work options;
- Employee ownership potential;
- Employer contributions towards maternity leave top up;
- Health and wellness Incentive;
- Membership dues reimbursement;
- Education and lifelong learning subsidization;
- Community volunteering incentive; and
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
As an employee-owned firm, at CBCL, our people are everything. We are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity for a workplace where everyone can thrive, and we build long-term relationships with our clients while providing them with innovative solutions.
We have earned recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our multitalented group of professionals offer consulting in the Infrastructure, Water and Wastewater, Buildings, Industrial, and Earth and Environment sectors. We value our people, our communities, and our history and look forward to continuing our steady growth.
CBCL operates from its Canadian offices across eight locations in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; St. John's, NL, and Ottawa, ON.
CBCL Limited strives to provide a diverse workplace that is inclusive, accessible and celebrates individuals and what makes us unique.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.